SKI CUISINE - THE ROLE OF A CHALET CHEF
As a company which prides it's self in serving our guests with delicious food we are looking for enthusiastic and talented chefs to join our team, who are flexible and reliable in their approach to work.
At Ski Cuisine we are happy to give our chefs the freedom to plan their own menus so you will be completely responsible for all menu planning, budget control, shopping and food preparation. Therefore you will need to be confident in all those areas and enjoy the challenge of running your own kitchen.
A ski season is a fantastic way to spend the winter and although the hours can be demanding, your reward is plenty of time on the mountain side. It is also an excellent way to further your catering career and the ideal way to experience running your own kitchen. To get the most out of working a ski season you'll need to be energetic, friendly and love working within a team environment. You can generally expect to work a long morning, followed by the afternoon off, before returning to your chalet to prepare and serve dinner.
The role of the chef is to organise the smooth running of your chalet kitchen and to serve superior quality meals with emphasis on fresh produce and excellent presentation. We expect all our chefs to have a flair for their chosen career and be passionate about cooking. You will work along side a chalet host who is mainly responsible for housekeeping and hosting duties. However, your roles will overlap and we would expect you to work as a team so that you run your chalet to the very best of your ability and ensure that your guests are comfortable and enjoying the high standard of cuisine and personal service for which Ski Cuisine is renowned.
Our aim is to exceed our guests expectations and ensure they have the very best holiday experience.
As a guide line your responsibilities will include:
- Menu planning, shopping, ordering and stock control.
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean at all times, paying special attention to kitchen hygiene.
- Meals that are provided by the chef are as follows-
- Breakfast- a choice of continental & cooked breakfast to order.
- Afternoon Tea- homemade cakes & biscuits.
- Choice of Canapés, served with pre dinner drinks.
- Dinner- a three course 'restaurant' style menu, with the emphasis on fresh and varied ingredients. Cheese board and Coffee to follow.
- Special dietary requirements eg. Vegetarians and Children meals may need to be catered for.
- Working within a generous but precise budget, submitting weekly chalet accounts to the Resort Manager.
- Submitting weekly menu plans.
- Ensuring a warm welcome to your guests on arrival.
- Hosting the guests when appropriate. Serving at meals.
- Liaising with the Resort Manager on a regular basis to discuss guest requirements & details.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Previous experience of restaurant or private catering work required.
- Relevant experience of 'front of house' work.
- Ability to prepare and serve excellent quality meals within a set budget frame work.
- Ability to submit weekly menu plans and weekly accounts.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the guests first.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure.
- Be well presented and punctual at all times.
JOB PACKAGE FOR CHEFS
Approximate dates of employment are early December to the end of April
- Salary on application.
- Accommodation in shared room in staff chalet.
- Return travel London- Meribel.
- Food supplied in your chalet.
- Ski Equipment for the season.
- Medical & mountain rescue insurance.
- Lift Pass.
- One full day off per week.
- Staff uniform is provided, to be worn during working hours. (Chefs are asked to supply their own chefs whites, trousers & appropriate foot wear)
You will be required to provide a valid European Health Card.
All applicants must have a full UK NI number and British passport.
To apply: Please contact Anne Woolley email@example.com & send your CV & current photo.
All applicants must send a 6 day menu plan to include: Cooked breakfast options, afternoon tea, 6 day children's supper menu, canapés and a 6 day three course dinner menu with vegetarian options.