SKI CUISINE - THE ROLE OF A CHALET HOST
Ski Cuisine is looking for enthusiastic and friendly chalet hosts to join our team, who are efficient, flexible and conscientious in their approach to work. To get the most out of a ski season you'll need to be prepared to work hard and really enjoy working as part of a team. The ski season is a fantastic way to spend the winter and although the hours can be demanding, your reward is plenty of time on the mountain side! It is an excellent way to experience working in the hospitality industry and the ideal way to experience working for a small yet professional company.
The role of a Chalet Host is to oversee the running of an individual chalet. Your job will include all housekeeping duties and ensuring your guests are well cared for throughout their stay. You will work along side a Chef who will be responsible for the running of the chalet kitchen. However, your jobs will overlap and we would expect you to assist each other in your work so that you run your chalet efficiently and professionally.
As a team, the chalet host and chef will create a warm and friendly atmosphere so that guests can enjoy the high standard of personal service for which Ski Cuisine is renowned. Our aim is that each guest experiences superior service in every aspect of their holiday which we hope will exceed their expectations.
You can generally expect to work a long morning, followed by the afternoon off, before returning to your chalet hosting duties for the evening. A full day off is taken mid week.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Relevant experience of working within the hospitality trade. Previous hotel, restaurant or catering work required.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the guests first.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure. Be well presented and punctual at all times.
As a guideline your role will include:
- All housekeeping duties (daily cleaning of all bedrooms, bathrooms, communal areas, laundry room, ski room etc).
- Ensure the chalet is presented to a very high standard.
- Responsible for stock and ordering of all chalet beverages and cleaning equipment.
- Laying the dining table for all meals served in the chalet.
- Serving at table during all meal times and assisting the chef in the kitchen during meals.
- Arranging for all bed linen to be sent to the laundry on a weekly basis, ensuring that any ‘in house' chalet laundry is completed on a daily basis.
- Ensuring a warm welcome to your guests on arrival at the chalet and showing them to their accommodation.
- Liaising with the Resort Manager over lift pass requirements, ski hire equipment and ski schools bookings.
- General hosting of the guests. Ensuring at all times they are comfortable and have all their requirements met.
- Liaising with the Resort Manager on a regular basis to discuss guest requirements and details.
JOB PACKAGE FOR CHALET HOSTS
Approximate dates of employment are early December to end of April
- Salary on application.
- Accommodation in shared room in staff chalet.
- Return travel London- Meribel.
- Food supplied in your chalet.
- Ski Equipment for the season.
- Medical & mountain rescue insurance.
- Lift Pass.
- One full day off per week.
- Staff uniform is provided, to be worn during working hours.
You will be required to provide a valid European Health card.
All applicants must have a full UK NI number and British Passport.
To apply please contact Anne Woolley email@example.com and forward your CV with current photo.