SKI CUISINE: THE ROLE OF THE CHALET MANAGER
The role of Chalet Manager is to provide support for the chalet staff who run our chalets in Meribel. As you will work closely with Ski Cuisine guests and all members of our team in resort we will require you to have strong organisational and multi tasking skills, be enthusiastic and have an approachable & friendly manner at all times.
The aim of the Chalet Manager is to ensure that levels of customer service, quality of cuisine and chalet presentation is of a consistently high standard throughout the season.
Chalet Manager Job Description
- To set up and assist with chalet staff training: The aim of the training is to provide all staff with adequate knowledge to enable Ski Cuisine to run successfully throughout the season. Training will include the following:
- information regarding the day to day routine of the chalets.
- menu planning, budgets & accounts, shopping, stock control.
- kitchen hygiene & general cleaning duties.
- organising practise dinners & breakfasts in each chalet, table settings, correct service of meals.
- expected standards of work & personal presentation.
- information for change over days & transfer arrangements.
- ski passes/ski hire/ski school arrangements.
- resort information & familiarising the staff with Meribel.
- opening up chalets, preparing for guest arrivals, chalet stock up- food, beverages, linen supplies.
Once the chalet hosts are into their normal routine and training is complete these are the various duties the Chalet Manager would be responsible for on a weekly basis.
- Allocate chalet budgets & associated accounts.
- Organise the weekly chalet shop & accompany staff. Collect & check orders from chefs for certain goods: wines, bread, meat etc and pass these on to the Office Manager for ordering.
- Linen/Laundry- arrange delivery & collection from chalets. Liaise with the Office Manager if there are any problems.
- Lift Passes: Distribution of the passes to guests. Collecting ski pass payment if required on transfer day.
- Liaising with the Office Manager regarding arrival & departure information of guests. Distributing room allocations & guest information to chalet staff. Liaising with other Managers about transfer arrangements for guests.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the running of the chalets are of a high standard. Liaise with The Resort Manager if there are any problems with staff or guests. Weekly chalet inspections to ensure that required standards are being maintained.
- Staff Day Off Cover - Arrange delivery of bread to chalets for breakfast, chalet visits after breakfast to put dishwashers on, tidy & lay out afternoon tea. Liaise with driver about guests to & from restaurants in the evening and work as a team to ensure this service runs efficiently. ‘Take away' deliveries to guests where required.
- Arranging short-term staff cover in chalets if any one is ill, you will be required to step in for short term cover.
- Be able to provide support for staff if they require a confidential meeting, either about work or personal issues.
- Client Liaison-visiting clients in their chalets to ensure they are satisfied with their Ski Cuisine holiday. If any problems occur, take necessary steps to solve these and always follow up with The Office Management, guests and staff to ensure the situation has been resolved. Normally visits are made at afternoon teatime or pre dinner.
- Covering some driving duties - staff to & from work morning & evening as part of rota with Driver, guest driving, Wednesday night restaurant runs.
- Overseeing staff accommodation.
- To have relevant experience of working within the hospitality trade. Previous hotel, restaurant or catering work is required.
- Having completed a winter season and experienced working in a chalet would be very beneficial.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the guests first.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure. To be well presented and punctual at all times.
- To have an ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Chalet Manager package
- Salary: On application.
- Return travel from London to Meribel.
- Accommodation in staff chalet.
- Ski/Board equipment is provided for the season.
- Ski Pass.
- Medical and mountain rescue insurance is provided.
- Food allowance
- One full day off per week.
- Staff uniform is provided, to be worn during working hours.
You must provide a European Health Card.
All applicants must have a full UK NI Number.
Full, clean driving license required. Due to vehicle insurance all applicants must be 23 years or over.
To apply please contact Anne Woolley firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your CV and recent photo