Driver - Assistant
SKI CUISINE - THE ROLE OF A CHALET DRIVER / ASSISTANT
Ski Cuisine prides itself in superior levels of customer service and we are looking for driving/chalet assistant staff that can maintain a high standard of work throughout the winter season. We are looking to recruit staff who are conscientious, have a friendly and enthusiastic nature and are able to manage their own time efficiently. You must be prepared to work as part of a team as many of your duties will involve assisting other members of our staff who run our chalets. As a driver/chalet assistant you will meet many of our guests and will play a large part in ensuring they have an enjoyable holiday with Ski Cuisine. This is a diverse role, so a flexible and reliable approach is essential.
A full and clean driving license is required. Previous experience of driving a minibus is necessary and experience of driving in winter conditions would be useful.
Due to insurance cover, drivers must be over 23 years of age.
A ski season is a fantastic way to spend the winter and although the hours can be demanding, your reward is plenty of time on the mountain side. It is also an excellent way to gain experience within the hospitality industry and the ideal way to experience working for a small yet professional company. You can generally expect to work within a structured rota system with other drivers, ensuring adequate free time during the day, depending on your allocated shift that will vary daily.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving staff to/from chalets.
- Covering guest driving to/from chalets, as part of a set rota.
- Assisting in chalets. Help with general guest hosting, housekeeping & other chalet duties. To provide cover for chalet staff in case of illness or injury.
- Assist with chalet shopping trips to local supermarket.
- Organising food and beverage deliveries to chalets.
- Delivery of chalet linen and maintaining a system for laundry stock control.
- Vehicle maintenance - Ensuring they are cleaned regularly & maintained to a high standard.
- Chalet maintenance - Maintaining a system for chalet maintenance, ensuring all items that need attention are dealt with efficiently.
- Hot Tub Cleaning, Snow clearing, keeping outdoor areas tidy, Fire wood chopping.
- Day off cover - Delivery of bread to chalets for breakfast. Helping with tidying up the chalets after breakfast & lay out afternoon tea. Driving guests to & from restaurants in the evening.
- Collecting guests from the train station or airport on change over day. Assisting with baggage and general change over day deliveries.
- Client visits to assist with ski pass orders, ski school & equipments bookings and general hosting of the guests on arrival.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Previous minibus driving and driving in winter conditions experience.
- Relevant experience of working within the hospitality trade.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the guests first.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure.
- Be well presented and punctual at all times.
DRIVER/CHALET ASSISTANT PACKAGE
Approximate dates of employment are early December to end of April
- Salary on application.
- Travel from London to Meribel at start & end of season.
- Accommodation is provided in a shared room.
- Ski equipment is provided for the season.
- Ski Pass.
- Medical and mountain rescue insurance is provided.
- Food provided in your chalet.
- One full day off per week.
- Staff uniform is provided.
You must provide a European Health Card.
All applicants must have a full UK NI Number & British Passport.
Full, clean driving license required.
Please contact Anne Woolley firstname.lastname@example.org & send your CV with a current photo.