THE ROLE OF A NANNY
Ski Cuisine is recruiting dedicated and professional nannies who will ensure that the children in their care have a fun filled holiday with the emphasis on personal care and safety at all times.
We are looking for enthusiastic nannies to join our team, who are flexible and reliable in their approach to work. A ski season is a fantastic way to spend the winter and although the hours can be demanding, you will find the job rewarding. It is also an excellent way to further your career in childcare and the ideal way to meet plenty of new friends.
Out of all resort staff, Nannies do get the least time on the mountain as your working hours are generally during day time hours. However, Ski Cuisine Nannies get one full day off and an extra afternoon off too which enables you to have time on the mountain.
APPROXIMATE DATES OF EMPLOYMENT ARE Mid December to Mid April
As a guideline your responsibilities will include:
- Each nanny will be assigned to one chalet & family per week to care for children whilst their parents are skiing for the day. Depending on the child's age, the ratio is 1 nanny per 1 child under 2yrs of age, 2-5 yrs of age 2/3 children per 1 nanny. Occasionally you may be asked to look after a higher ratio of children if there are other nannies working in the same chalet or the children are older.
- It is the nanny's responsibility to organise the children's day and it should include a variety of activities depending on the children's age. We have a good supply of arts & crafts kits, toys, games, books and of course ample snow for snowman building & sledging.
- A daily diary form must be completed each day, outlining what activities the children have done, meals eaten etc. A copy of this must be given to the parents each day. The nanny should spend a few minutes with the parents at the end of each day discussing their child's day with them.
- Snacks, drinks and lunch are supplied by the nanny but the children's supper is cooked by the chalet chef. Food will be available in the chalet for the children's lunches etc. When using the kitchen/dining area you must tidy up after yourself and at all times be aware of kitchen/food hygiene.
- The nanny service runs 8.30am - 5.00pm Sunday - Friday, except on 1 day it will finish at 12.30pm, this is flexible and is the choice of the parents which afternoon the nanny has off.
- At the end of each day the chalet should be left tidy and all toys, games etc put away. The nanny is responsible for preparing toy boxes for your week ahead on a Friday evening.
- Evening babysitting - The chalet staff have Wednesday as their full day off. The guests usually go to a restaurant for dinner so may require babysitting. It is the nanny's choice whether to do babysitting but it is a useful way to earn extra money. Payment is made by the client direct to the nanny in cash at a rate of 15 Euros per hour.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Relevant previous experience of working within childcare is required.
- Up to date first aid qualification required and hold a current CRB check.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the children and parents first.
- Ensure that each child's needs are met and they are given individual attention.
- Be able to create a freindly and caring atmosphere for the children.
- Ensure that parents are given appropriate information and feedback about their child's day.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure.
- Be well presented and punctual at all times.
- Salary details on application.
- Accommodation in shared room in staff chalet.
- Return travel London- Meribel.
- Ski Equipment for the season.
- Medical Insurance & moutain rescue insurance.
- Meribel valley lift pass is provided.
- One full day off per week (Saturday) & 1 afternoon off from 12.30pm ( day to be decided with parents)
- Uniform is provided to be worn during working hours
- Lunch food is supplied in the chalet that you are working in and we would ask you eat lunch with the children. You are responsible for purchasing your own food for evening meals
All Nannies must hold a valid first aid certificate & have under gone a recent CRB check (Police Check) before commencing employment with Ski Cuisine.
Please provide at least two written references from previous jobs you have done involving child care.
You will be required to provide a valid European Health Card.
All applicants must have a full UK NI number & British passport.
Please contact Anne Woolley firstname.lastname@example.org & send your CV with a current photo and references.