As a chef at Ski Cuisine, you are in the privileged position of designing your own menus within a generous budget. Very few chalet companies allow this preferring to create set menus for their chefs to follow. We are renowned for high quality cuisine and therefore employ high quality chefs with flare and ambition. We encourage your creativity and talent to continue growing.
Working in a chalet allows you the freedom to cook your own dishes but also teaches you vital budgeting and housekeeping skills which may serve you well throughout your career. Our chalet kitchens are well equipped and although space can be a challenge in the domestic environment of a chalet, you are in close contact with your guests affording you immediate job satisfaction when they enjoy your meals. This close interaction very often also leads to more job opportunities. Akin to all this you are able to ski or snowboard six days a week and enjoy season life to the full.
Ski Cuisine is a small, family run chalet company operating solely in the beautiful Alpine resort of Méribel, situated at the heart of the impressive Three Valley Ski area; the largest ski area in the world. Our four chalets are ski-in, ski-out and have cosy and traditional interiors. We are renowned for excellent quality cuisine and personal service, provided by professional and personable staff.
- Preparing breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and a 4 course evening meal including coffee and petit fours.
- Menu planning, shopping, ordering and stock control
- Kitchen hygiene
- Weekly chalet accounts
- Hosting guests
- Communication and interaction with guests
- General duties in and around the chalet alongside the host such as snow clearing, cleaning & making beds and assisting with the change over day and preparations for new guest arrivals
We are looking for qualified chefs who:
- Have strong communication skills and are fluent in English
- Have previous experience catering in restaurants or at events with a preference for private catering
- Have front of house table service experience
- Can cater to a very high “restaurant” standard within a specified budget
- Have a minimum of a valid Level 2 Hygiene certificate
We are looking for people who can:
- Work well under pressure
- Have a high standard of personal presentation
- Be reliable and organised
- Be respectful and communicate well with clients and colleagues (team players)
- Are punctual and have a “can-do” attitude
- Have a positive, mature and energetic outlook to work and season life in general
- Be flexible in your attitude towards our guests to maintain our excellent service level and reputation
- Salary on application - fixed term French contract - 40 hours per week + holiday pay
- Accommodation in a shared room in staff chalet
- Meals supplied
- Ski or snowboard equipment for the season
- Lift pass- a three valley season lift pass will be purchased by Ski Cuisine on behalf of the employee upon successful completion of the training period, monthly deductions will be made from the salary to cover the cost of the lift pass
- Two days off per week
- Uniform provided by Ski Cuisine: Outdoor jacket. Polo shirts. Aprons
- To provide yourself: Chefs whites/blacks & trousers black & appropriate black kitchen footwear
To apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your CV, a cover letter and a recent photo.
All applicants must send a 5 day menu plan to include: Cooked breakfast options, afternoon tea, 5 day children's supper menu, canapés and a 5 day three course dinner menu with vegetarian options and gluten free examples. You will be advised of meat/fish choices that are set by Ski Cuisine when you apply.