A Flexi-Host at Ski Cuisine is a vital member of the team. Your main responsibility is to cover the chefs and hosts in the chalets, catering and housekeeping when illness and injury occur.
When you are not covering in the chalets you will be part of the operations team assisting the Resort Manager “behind the scenes” which includes duties such as deliveries, light maintenance and snow clearing.
The Flexi-host is also responsible for the change over day of Chalet Veronica and welcoming our self catered guests to the chalet. This role is challenging, varied and interesting, allowing you lots of mountain-time. As you work closely with the whole team this role requires a flexible, up-beat individual who has a positive outlook and enjoys the nature of season work and life.
Ski Cuisine is a small, family run chalet company operating solely in the beautiful Alpine resort of Méribel situated at the heart of the impressive Three Valley Ski area; the largest ski area in the world. Our four chalets are ski-in, ski-out and have cosy and traditional interiors. We are renowned for excellent quality cuisine and personal service, provided by professional and personable staff.
- Staff cover in chalets to cover chefs’ & hosts’ in the event of absence: catering, housekeeping and front of house
- Responsible for Chalet Veronica change over days and guest welcome
- Driving staff to work & occasional guest lifts
- Deliveries to chalets
- Light maintenance in chalets
- Assisting the Resort Manager with purchasing/shopping
- Assisting with laundry organisation & distribution
- Snow clearing
We are looking for experienced flexi-hosts who:
- Have had previous experience working in a chalet, villa or private catering and can cater for a 3 course menu for a minimum of 10 guests
- Have strong communication skills and are fluent in English
- Have housekeeping experience and a flair for presentation and detail
- Have a minimum of a valid Level 2 Hygiene certificate
- You need to hold a clean driving license and have been driving for at least 2 years, ideally with experience of driving in winter conditions
We are looking for people who can:
- Work well under pressure and able to think ahead
- Have a high standard of personal presentation
- Be reliable and organised
- Be respectful and communicate well with clients and colleagues (team players)
- Are punctual and have a “can-do” attitude
- Have a positive, mature and energetic outlook to work and season life in general
- Be flexible in your attitude towards our guests to maintain our excellent service level and reputation
- Salary on application - fixed term French contract, 38 hours per week + holiday pay
- Accommodation in a shared room in staff chalet
- Meals supplied during work hours
- Ski or snowboard equipment for the season
- Lift pass- A three valley lift pass will be purchased on behalf of the employee upon successful completion of the training period and monthly deductions will be made from the salary to cover the cost of the lift pass
- Two days off per week (subject to bookings, certain weeks such as Christmas holidays but you will be notified in advance)
- Travel allowance
- Uniform provided by Ski Cuisine: Outdoor jacket. Shirts. Polo shirts. Aprons
- To provide yourself: Chef whites/blacks. Chef’s black trousers. Black indoor shoes
To apply: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and forward your CV, a cover letter and a recent photo.